Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I finally did it, I'm moving

After much debate (between my lazy half and my want to get a new website half) I spent the last 5 days creating a new website along with an accompanying online store. I've been listening to a favorite podcast of mine (TWIT) for years and for the past 6 months or so they've been talking about this new sponsor of theirs (SquareSpace) being the most forward thinking, easy to use and completely customizable web/blog host imaginable. Every time I thought about how much work was involved in building a new site, I got cold feet and stuck with the one I've been using for the past 3 years.

I normally do go out of my way to bad mouth a company (unless they deserve it) but the eBay subsidiary ProStores finally pushed me over the proverbial edge last week with their terrible customer support and cumbersome UI. Even though they say their set-up and customer usability is the best in the industry, it isn't. In fact, in the nearly 15 years of building websites, theirs is the worst. Well, maybe a 1998 version of Microsoft's FrontPage beats them out but not by much. I don't want this post to turn into a hatefest for ProStores as much as I want to highly recommend SquareSpace.

From now on I will be combining my entire online presence (website, online store, blog and future video podcasts) on my new SquareSpace site.

From now on this blog can be found at www.dennisbradystudios.com

No comments: