Saturday, July 11, 2009

What a trip

Earlier this week, I returned home from an epic road trip that took me from Seattle, then Salt Lake City and lastly Whitefish, MT. the gateway to Glacier National Park.

My first stop in Seattle was for the famous Solstice celebration Fremont district street fair. Not only do thousands of Seattlites come out to support this festival, (actually over 100,000) many of them do it NAKED. Each year the festival puts on a parade and asks the participants to dress in a earth friendly theme, so many riders just paint leaves, flowers or other cool patterns on their skin and call it good. This year's weather was spectacular allowing the state of under dress to happen without fear of freezing to death. I'm sure a little bit of adult beverages also helped calm the nerves and bolster the courage of these hardy souls.

Sales for my fractals are always great in Seattle and this festival was certainly no exception. Fremont District, I'll see you again next year, some of you more than others :-)

After breaking down Sunday night I traveled a hundred miles east over the I 90 pass to the town of Cle Elum where I spent the night and took off Monday morning for Utah.

No comments: